To provide the facility of changing or updating the details of the people, UIDAI has launched Aadhaar Self Service Update Portal to make things more convenient. Using this portal, you can now modify your details like incorrect name, date of birth, gender or changed address online very easily. For this you need to first login using your Aadhaar number and a OTP sent to your mobile. Later on, you can also check the update rquest status. To change your Aadhaar details follow these following simple steps:
2. Enter your 12-digit Aadhaar Number in the field and click on ‘Send OTP’. You will then receive a One Time Password (OTP-valid for only 15 minutes) on your registered mobile number. If your mobile number is not registered then you will be asked to input your mobile number on which your OTP will be sent.
3. Enter the OTP received on your mobile and the text visible on the screen and click on ‘Login’ button. Be quick because your OTP is valid for 15 minutes only. Airtel mobile users may not receive OTP due to some issue and in that case they can follow the offline method for updating their details.
4. Now check mark the field name which you want to update/change and press ‘Submit’ button.
5. Now enter the new values in the field(s) and click on ‘Submit Update Request’ button.
6. You will then be asked to verify the details you want to modify and if they are correct then tick mark the confirm check-box and press the ‘Proceed’ button else press ‘Modify’ button to edit your changes.
7. Now you will be taken to ‘Update Request Confirmation and Document Upload’ page where you have to select the Document you have as proof and then browse the scanned copy of the same document on your computer and wait till the copy is uploaded and click on ‘Submit’ button. You can also send copies of the document through post
8. You will then see a ‘Update Request Complete’ page stating that ‘Your update request has been successfully submitted on date. Your Update Request Number(URN) is 0000/00111/0XXXX’. You will also receive a confirmation message on your mobile number along with your URN. Keep your URN safe as this will be used to check the status of your update/change request later on. You can also download the acknowledgement slip (in pdf format) by clicking on the ‘Download File’ button or can take a printout of it for future reference by clicking on the ‘Print’ button.
9. You can then logout by clicking on the ‘Logout’ link at the top right corner of the page.
10. You can track update status using your Aadhaar number and URN by clicking here.