The man behind the Parliament attack on 13 December 2001 was hanged at 8 am on Sunday 09 February 2013 in Tihar Jail no 3. Home minister Sushil Kumar Shinde informed about this news to the media. The mercy plea pending since 2006 was rejected by the President Pranab Mukherjee last week. The death body of Afzal Guru was not even handed to his family or relatives rather it was buried in Tihar Jail itself, in accordance with the rituals.
Five terrorist of Jaish-e-Mohammad attacked on the Parliament on 13 December 2001 in which 9 Indian soldiers lost their lives. Supreme Court gave the sentence of hanged till death in 2004. This is a reply of India to the terrorism. Curfew has been imposed in Jammu & Kashmir since morning and the chief minister has urged the people to maintain peace in the region. Cable TV has also been stopped in the state. Attention will also be paid on the social media. National Capital Delhi has been called on high alert. Politicians are calling it a process of legal jurisdiction. Opposition parties feels that this should have been done much earlier. The wife of one of the martyr of the Parliament attack said that this is now her husband has got the justice done with him.
Security has been enhance at railway stations and metro cities have also been put under high alert. The security at the Kumbh festival in Allahabad has also been increased. The home ministry has issued tight security in every state. Every district of J&K has been called off for a halt. The mastermind Afzal was from J&K.
Who said what?
* Nitish Kumar said that the step was taken late.
* Omar Abdullah asked people to maintain peace and not to believe on rumors.
* Digvijay Singh said this is a legal process work.
* Arun Jaitley said that the government has been unable to explain the delay in execution.
* Rajiv Pratap Rudy, BJP Spokesperson, said that the decision has come late.
* Pawan Kumar Bansal said that this is a decision taken according to the legal procedure.
* Rashid Alvi said that this is a strong message from India to all the terrorists all over the world.
* Mayawati said that terrorism has no religion and cast and it should be tackled within certain time frame.
* Indresh Kumar (from RSS) said why he was kept alive for so long?