The seventh season of the Indian Premier League is underway and we bring to you the updated points table. The IPL 2014 points table is updated after every match. The points table below indicates the progress and performances of each team in the IPL season.
|Team||Played||Won||Lost||No Result||Points||Net Run-Rate|
Last Updated After: Match 52: KXIP vs RR – 23 May 2014
- Top four teams of the league table will qualify for playoff matches.
- A team is awarded 2 points for each match it wins.
- If a match results in a No Result condition then the two teams are awarded 1 point each.
- In case there is a tie-between two or more teams in case of Points then the team with better positive Net Run-Rate would be promoted.
- Each team will play two matches with every other team in the double round-robin format. This way each team will play a total of 14 league matches.
- After end of league matches the top two teams of Points Table will qualify for Qualifier 1 match and winning team of that match will play in the final on June 1, 2014.
- Teams at number third and fourth position in Points Table will play in the Eliminator match and winning side of that match will play in Qualifier 2 match against the losing side of Qualifier 1 match.
- Winning team of Qualifier 2 and Qualifier 1 match will meet at the final of IPL 2014 at Wankhede Stadium in Mumbai on 1st June 2014.