After a long wait of time, UIDAI has finally been able to launch its e-Aadhaar portal through which people who have enrolled for Aadhaar and have been waiting for their Aadhaar letter can easily download their Aadhaar letter online and use it anywhere by just taking a printout of the same. To download the Aadhaar letter, it is necessary to have both your enrolment number and date time of your enrolment. If you know your Aadhaar Number then also you can download your Aadhar card online. The complete procedure for downloading your Aadhaar letter or Aadhar card online is pointed below.
1. Make sure that you have your enrollment number and the date-time of enrolment or your Aadhaar number with you in order to proceed for downloading the e-Aadhaar letter. These details can be found on the acknowledgement slip which you got from the enrolment centre after enrolling for Aadhaar.
2. Now there are two situations. First is that you have your Enrollment Id details and the Second is you know your Aadhaar Number. In Either case you can download your E-Aadhaar letter.
3. E-Aadhar Card Downloading process consists of 2 Steps.
Step 1: Your Personal Details
4.(a). If you have Enrollment ID (enrollment number and date-time of enrollemnt), then fill in your details like enrolment number, date time of enrolment, your full name, your Pin Code, the captcha code (image text) and your mobile number in the respective fields and click on the ‘Get One Time Password’ button. You will receive a One Time Password (OTP) on the mobile number you just entered. This is essential for verification process.
4.(b). If you know your Aadhaar Number then select the radio button put in front of ‘Aadhaar’ (second radio button on the second line yellow in colour). Then fill in your Aadhaar number, full name, Pin Code and the captcha code (image text) in the respective fields and click on the ‘Get One Time Password’ button. You will receive a One Time Password (OTP) on the registered mobile number. This is essential for verification process.
Step 2: Enter OTP Received and Download your E-Aadhaar
5. Type the OTP you received on your mobile and click on ‘Validate & Download’ button.
6. After that you will be provided with a link to download your E-Aadhaar letter (in PDF format) and to open it you will need to enter your ‘Pincode’ as the password.
You can then take the printout of that letter and use it for various services.