Unprepared Andhra Pradesh gears up for Aadhaar-LPG subsidy

The launch of pilot project for providing LPG subsidy through Aadhaar based DBT in 5 districts of Andhra Pradesh might prevent majority of consumers from getting subsidy on the LPG cylinders. The scheme is set to launch from May 15 but neither the authorities nor the people seem to be prepared for the implementation and if the scheme succeeds in its launch from the specified date then not more than 30% of the LPG consumers will be able to get the subsidy benefit. As per the latest stats only 21% people have been able to successfully obtain their Aadhaar number, link them with their bank accounts and submit their details to their gas agencies. By the close of the deadline day the number is expected to rise up to 30% by May 15 which means that the remaining 70% will be denied of subsidy benefits on the LPG cylinder supply. Those five districts where the scheme is to be launched are Hyderabad, Anantapur, Chittoor, Ranga Reddy and East Godavari.

The construction of data centre building for storing Aadhaar card related statistics has begun in Gurgaon. Its starting was done in January. The Haryana State Industrial Infrastructure Development Corporation gave away 5 acre land for this to the government of India in November 2011. According to the regulation of Corporation the project has to begin after building construction within 3 years of getting possession letter on commercial and industrial plot. If this does not happen then extension of 2 more years is taken from the corporation for building construction. The government of India has to open up the data centre by 2016.

The data centre of Aadhar card of many states including Haryana, Punjab, UP, WB, Delhi, Odisha, MP and Rajasthan etc. will be feed into computers. For same such centre the government has also got land in Bangalore. The building will be completely sound proof and air-conditioned. Its construction will be done according to the international standards. Divya Kamal, DGM, HSIIDC said that the construction of building for modern green data centre has begun.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *