If you are a resident of Himachal Pradesh and have not enrolled for Aadhar card then you could be a lucky person. You might not need to visit an Aadhaar enrollment camp and stand in long queue to wait for your turn. Reason for this happiness is the fact that the government is soon going to provide Aadhar card enrollment process at your doorstep. State Government of Himachal Pradesh is going to launch a special campaign in the upcoming three months in which people can enroll for Aadhar card at their home only.
This special campaign drive will cover 26 blocks of seven districts where mobile van will be used to reach the masses and enroll them for Aadhar card. District administration and block secretary will be cooperating in this unique type of campaign. Department of Information Technology has been handed over the responsibility for Aadhar card enrollment in the state. Aadhar card enrollment was done through temporary camps at different locations till last year. A private company was given the job for Aadhaar enrollment in Himachal Pradesh. Those people who missed the enrollment process last time will now be enrolled by reaching to their doorstep.
Following is the list of district and blocks where the campaign drive will be undertaken.
- Chamba district – Tissa, Bharmour and Mehla blocks
- Kullu district – Kullu, Manali, Anni and Naggar blocks
- Mandi district – Balh, Chachyot, Chauntra and Drang blocks
- Shimla district – Chauhara, Chopal, Rohru and Jubbal blocks
- Sirmaur district – Shillai, Pachhad and Rajgarh blocks
- Solan district – Kunihar, Nalagarh and Dharampur blocks
- Kangra district – Sullah, Dehra, Rait, Nagrota Bagwan and Nagrota Surian blocks
Department of IT has invited bids through tender for arranging vehicles to participate in this first of its kind Aadhaar enrollment campaign drive. Bids will be disclosed on Wednesday.